Back to School 5-Year Old Grandson's Card for his Mom's Teacher's Desk
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
Mint Macaron Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Sailing Home Stamp Set
Night of Navy Ink
Pear Pizzazz Ink
My two grandsons (ages 8 + 5) will be starting school on Monday.
I am having loads of fun spending this week with them, as their Dad & Mom who are both teachers, went back to school this week.
The project for the Boys today was to create a drawing for their Dad’s classroom. After completing their project, I asked the boys if they wanted to make a card for their Mom’s room. The youngest grandson, Evan, spoke up & asked……did you bring your supplies? I said, I sure did & he said ‘I want to make one’.
(He created his first card with me when he was 3 years old)
That’s when the fun began.
Using only the supplies I brought with me, he picked out the stamps he wanted to use from the Stamp Set I had. He stamped the images on the card, with a little guidance from me, with the ink colors he chose. I only pre-cut the Cardstock & Fussy Cut the Sail Boat, he did the rest.
1. Cut Mint Macaron Cardstock 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”
1. Cut Whisper White Cardstock 3 3/4” x 5”
2. Stamp Lighthouse from Sailing Home Stamp Set in Night of Navy Ink
3. Stamp ‘Thanks’ from Sailing Home Stamp Set in Night of Navy Ink
4. Stamp Birds from Sailing Home Stamp Set in Pear Pizzazz Ink
5. Stamp Sail Boat from Sailing Home Stamp Set in Pear Pizzazz Ink
6. Stamp second Sail Boat on Whisper White scrap & Fussy Cut
7. Adhere second Sail Boat over first Sail Boat with Glue Dots
8. Adhere Card Front to Card with Tombow